Information and Resources


Deployment Military Pay Information – OEF / OIF Deployment Pay

Read more about your entitlements – Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Relief Act

Military Deals and Coupons – Military Discounts

Free TurboTax Online – TurboTax for Military

Free Credit Report (zero fees) – Annual Credit Report

Create a Last Will & Testament Online – Make a high-quality Will online in minutes

Quicken Online is now Free! – Quicken Online – Web-based Money Management

AF Portal LeaveWeb Request Leave Online (any unit / any base)

How to Read an LES Online Guide

Lessons Learned Links

Tricare Supplemental Insurance
The Excellence of Tricare Standard
Without having to pay out of pocket

Space A Travel
Information on Space-Available Flights
Low-cost Military “MAC” Flights

Washington DC TDY
Advice and Tips for your next trip to DC
Make the most of your DC TDY

Military Computer Discounts
Discounts for Dell, HP, Apple
Discount Microsoft Software

Military Pay

Military Pay Calculator – Online interactive calculator showing basic pay, incentive pay, special duty pays, and retirement.

Military Pay Tables – official website

Military & VA Loans – Military Loans website

Military Discounts – Online Military Discounts

Military Computer Discounts – Coupons, Discounts on Dell, HP, Apple

How to Read your LES – DFAS website (.PDF file)

How is your Credit? – Get Your Equifax Credit Report Now!

My Pay – DFAS website
My Pay allows you to manage your pay information, leave earnings statements, W-2, and more.



Deployment Military Pay Information – OEF / OIF Deployment Entitlements
Read about all of your monetary entitlements when serving in a combat zone – including Family Separation, Hostile Fire Pay, etc.

Combat Zone Tax Exclusion (CZTE) – IRS website
If you serve in a combat zone as an enlisted person or as a warrant officer (including commissioned warrant officers) for any part of a month, all your military pay received for military service that month is excluded from gross income. For commissioned officers, the monthly exclusion is capped at the highest enlisted pay, plus any hostile fire or imminent danger pay received.

Hostile Fire Pay / Tax Free Exclusion Zone – read the official regulation
A member of a uniformed service may be paid special pay at the rate of $225 per month and federal taxes exempt for serving in certain congressionally delegated war zones. More info – IRS FAQ page

Savings Deposit Program – DFAS website
This is different than the Thrift Savings Plan. The SDP allows a service member that is deployed to the combat zone for more than 30 days to deposit up to $10,000 into the Savings Deposit Program. The money deposited will gain 10% interest, compounded quarterly. You can deposit by cash, check, money order, etc. — all done at your deployed location. 90 Days later, your money is withdrawn with 10% interest earned!


Permanent Change of Station (PCS)

PCS Tips and Advice – Military PCS Advice offers tips and advice on how to prepare for your movers. Also, check out our PCS Smooth Move Guide, a compilation of lessons learned by our users from their many PCS moves.

Useful PCS Links

Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Rates – official website
BAH is based on geographic duty location, pay grade, and dependency status. The intent of BAH is to provide uniformed service members accurate and equitable housing compensation based on housing costs in local civilian housing markets, and is payable when government quarters are not provided. More info – BAH FAQs.

Dislocation Allowance (DLA) – official website
The purpose of DLA is to partially reimburse a member, with or without dependents, for the expenses incurred in relocating the member’s household on a PCS, housing moves ordered for the Government’s convenience, or incident to an evacuation. This allowance is in addition to all other allowances authorized in this Volume and may be paid in advance. More info – DLA FAQs.

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) – official website

Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) – official website
TLA is provided to partially reimburse a member for the more than normal expenses incurred while occupying temporary lodgings upon initial arrival (reporting) at an OCONUS PDS and waiting for Government quarters assignment. Members are entitled to claim expenses every 10 days through the housing office.

Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE) – official website
TLE is intended to partially pay for lodging/meal expenses when a member/dependent(s) occupy temporary quarters in CONUS due to a PCS. Maximum reimbursement is not to exceed five days. If you stayed off base you must obtain a non-availability form.


Overseas Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) Rates – official website
The Cost-of Living Allowance, or COLA is an allowance paid to service members stationed in high-cost areas overseas (including Alaska and Hawaii). COLA helps maintain purchasing power so you can purchase about the same goods and services overseas as in the United States. More info – COLA FAQs.

Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) Rates – official website
Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) is authorized to assist members in defraying the excess costs incurred incident to assignment on permanent duty to a station outside CONUS. The OHA Ceiling is based off of your rank and accompanied status. This entitlement is also initiated when you turn in your lease paperwork to the housing office. See OHA FAQs.

DOD Installation Information – Worldwide relocation information on major military and associate installations for use by Service men and women and their families during permanent change of station moves.

Permanent Change of Station/Relocation Allowances:

List and Sell or Rent your Home Online!

Travel Pay

What can I claim on my Travel Voucher?

Travel Pay FAQ Links

Joint Federal Travel Regulation (JFTR) – read / download the regulation

Perdiem Rates – official website
Find out how much you will be paid for your TDY or deployment.